Here is how we are planning to transition our ministry at Sweetwater Christian Church into the future. We use the word “transition” on purpose. There is no “going back” for the people of God, because God is always beckoning us forward. There is no “reopening” for the people of God, because our church — a community of believers — was never closed.
The risen Christ calls us to transition our ministry to more faithfully meet the opportunities in front of us as we head into the future together. It is in that spirit that we present to you three questions about our transition plans, three principles to focus on during the transition, and one TLDR (too long, didn’t read) infographic.
Question 1: What hasn’t changed?
Answer: Our essential mission, vision, and goals.
We still exist to make disciple-making disciples of Jesus Christ.
We still strive to be a deep church in a shallow world.
We still create a spiritual community that can be a home for those that don’t feel at home anywhere else.
And we still pursue maturity in Christlikeness by practicing a rhythm of regular:
– Spiritual Formation
Question 2: What’s new?
Answer: How we’re pursuing our essential mission, vision, and goals.
We’d like you to join us in thinking about three transition phases of our ministry at Sweetwater Christian Church.
– Phase 1: we do it all online. (We’re here now and we’re thriving!)
– Phase 2: we do it all online… and in really small groups.
– Phase 3: we do it all online… and in both small and larger groups.
Question 3: When will we move from Phase to Phase?
Answer: Check out our infographic.
In short: we are looking for clear milestones instead of promising any specific dates.
1) We are Agile when confronted with Ambiguity.
2) We are Understanding when confronted with Uncertainty.
3) We are Together when confronted with situations that threaten to Tear Apart.